Re: [opensuse] gotta love Ron
  • From: David Canar <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 14:57:53 -0700
John Andersen wrote:
On Friday 01 December 2006 03:44, James Tremblay wrote:
Ron is my kinda guy, as this quote from him proves he knows just how
tight a rope he has to walk.

"As for allegations that Novell has intentionally or naively entered a
deal with the devil, Hovsepian was candid in his remarks: "We've been
competing with Microsoft for 20 years. We didn't just get stupid
overnight."

So this "WE" he refers to has little to do with Novell. I wager, given the changes at Novell over time, there are very few people who have been there
20 years who are still in upper management.

But he was 17 years with IBM, which didn't have a pleasant experience with Microsoft over OS/2.

I liked what Ron said.

David.