Re: [opensuse] gotta love Ron
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 12:14:26 -0900
On Friday 01 December 2006 03:44, James Tremblay wrote:
> Ron is my kinda guy, as this quote from him proves he knows just how
> tight a rope he has to walk.
>
> "As for allegations that Novell has intentionally or naively entered a
> deal with the devil, Hovsepian was candid in his remarks: "We've been
> competing with Microsoft for 20 years. We didn't just get stupid
> overnight."

From his bio page at Novell

Mr. Hovsepian, 45, joined Novell in June 2003 as President of North America,
and has most recently served as President and Chief Operating Officer. In
that role he had direct worldwide responsibility for product development,
marketing, and field operations, which includes sales, consulting and
technical services. Previously, Mr. Hovsepian held management and executive
positions at IBM Corporation over a 17 year period, including worldwide
general manager of IBM's distribution industries, managing global hardware
and software development, sales, marketing and services. With stints in
various sales and marketing positions prior to taking profit and loss
responsibility at several IBM units, he brings a proven track record of
achieving revenue goals and profit growth in the IT solutions business. Mr.
Hovsepian also served as a managing director of Internet Capital Group, a
venture capital firm.

So this "WE" he refers to has little to do with Novell. I wager, given the
changes at Novell over time, there are very few people who have been there
20 years who are still in upper management.

--
John Andersen