[opensuse] mplayer invoced by beagled takes up to 95% users cpu load
  • From: Guido Pinkernell <guido.pinkernell@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 21:33:11 +0100
This is on an Opensuse 10.1 KDE 3.5.5 system with the newest beagle 0.2.13-5.1
from Stephen Binner's repository. When invoked by beagled [1] mplayer starts
running in the background and takes up to 95% of the users cpu load. It does
that for hours for apparently no reason as I don't have any videos stored on
my computer.

I know that this is of no concern to the present release of 10.1. However I am
not sure what to do about it. I checked bugzilla.gnome.org and found no
related bugreport. I am not sure whether this really is a bug in beagle or is
related to Stephen's rpm, or whether it is simply a local misconfiguration. I
have checked environment variables. I did once export
BEAGLE_EXERCISE_THE_DOG=1 but reset back to 0, so that
BEAGLE_EXERCISE_THE_DOG does not appear in the env list anymore.

Thanks for any hint,

Guido

[1] Although mplayer is not listed as a child process in ksystray I do think
that mplayer is invoked by beagle as this problem only appears when beagled
is activated.