Re: [opensuse] Re: How much memory does Suse need?
  • From: "Alexey Eremenko" <al4321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 19:59:30 +0200
I have Suse 10.0 running on a 600 Mhz Pentium with 256 MB of RAM, using KDE on
a 9 GB HDD, and it runs surprisingly fast. It out-performs Suse 10.1 on a
Toshiba laptop 2.8 Ghz Pentium with 196 MB of RAM (low, I know) on a 30 GB
partition. The Toshiba is deathly slow with 10.1, so much so that I do not
use it and am greatly anticipating 10.2. I am sad to say that XP runs very
quickly on it. But I will happily add that 10.0 outperforms XP 2 -1 on this
600 Mhz system.

This is because, as I said, the minimum recommended requirement for
openSUSE is 256 MB of RAM.

openSUSE 10.x is more memory intensive than XP. But much less than
Windows Vista.