Re: [opensuse] Favorite E-mail Clients
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 11:45:50 +0100
On Friday 01 December 2006 03:24, Dave Barton said:
> I wholeheartedly agree with Rob. The only thing that keeps me (and I
> know others) from switching from Evolution (good email client that it
> is) to Kmail, is the lack of features in the composition of HTML email
> (eg. in-line graphics). From what I can tell, the Kmail developers
> either do not believe there is a need for, or want to add full featured
> HTML email composing functionality.

It's neither of those. The situation is, we're a small team, rewriting for
KDE 4 is a large job, and considering the balance of resources and priorities
and timing, we're all working on the backend layers at the moment to make
those really good for everyone. Also, we're all working on it as a personal
project (I maintain it for SUSE but that is mainly oiling the gears) and none
of us have a personal itch for HTML mail authoring to scratch.

Hopefully, with the New! Improved! design, the frontend code will be simple
and accessible enough (instead of a monolith) that someone with that itch
will be able to bolt quanta's WYSIWYG html editor onto the kmail composer.

Will