Re: [opensuse] 10.2: OK, but some Bugs
  • From: "Joe Morris (NTM)" <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 18:40:40 +0800
Oliver Tennert wrote:
> But still some things need to be fixed:

Please do what you can to make it better by filing bugs at
https://bugzilla.novell.com
> 1.) OK, it would be nice if someone could acklowledge if there really is a
> GRUB update bug (see above) since God knows when, or if I am doing something
> wrong.

For me, RC1 was the first since 9.3 (I skipped 10.0) to get it all right.
> 2.) xfsprogs really should be updated to 2.8.16, because there are severe bugs
> 2.8.11: some errors are not corrected by xfsrepair 2.8.11, so there are
> latent inconsistencies, which e.g. strike at you when you perform an xfsdump

Belongs in bugzilla, but is probably too late to make it into 10.2 now.
You should have tested earlier.
> 3.) as I pointed out in an earlier mail wrt SUSE 10.1, rpc.idmapd should start
> AFTER nfsserver starts. Still this has not been corrected. Furthermore, there
> is a loop in the startup file headers: the nfsserver script has a "should
> start: idmapd" line, and the idmapd script has s "sould start: nfsserver"
> line. The former dependency should be removed.

Again, would be good to enter this into bugzilla. Pointing things out
in an email here is good, pointing it out in bugzilla has a much higher
chance of getting fixed.

--
Joe Morris
Registered Linux user 231871