Re: [opensuse] Problem with ZMD, database lost
  • From: John Andersen <jsa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:45:38 -0900
On Thursday 30 November 2006 13:31, Sean Rima wrote:
> For some reason my zmd database has been lost, when trying to do an
> update I get an error message saying that it cannot parse the xml data
> and that /usr/share/zmd/zmd.db cannot be opened. I checked and there is
> nothing there
>
> Is there anyway to rebuild the database

I think you just do the configure bit again (right click the updater).
Select new repositories.

Related complaint:

If you ever invoke Yast Installation Source function without being connected
to the net (and thereby unable to reach your selected repositories) it
summarily kicks them out, and they don't always come back, even after
reconnecting to the net.

I wish it would just deactivate them and leave them there.

--
John Andersen