Re: [opensuse] Favorite E-mail Clients
  • From: Dave Barton <db@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 13:24:50 +1100
On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 14:30 -0800, Robert Smits wrote:
> On Sunday 19 November 2006 19:09, John Meyer wrote:
> > I'd like to know what you guys favorite e-mail client is. I've tried
> > KMail and Evolution, but I keep coming back to Thunderbird.
>

> K-mail. It can do everything I need, integrates well with the other apps in
> Kontact, has good filtering, and can download my mail securely. And it's KDE
> based, which is a plus in my view.

I wholeheartedly agree with Rob. The only thing that keeps me (and I
know others) from switching from Evolution (good email client that it
is) to Kmail, is the lack of features in the composition of HTML email
(eg. in-line graphics). From what I can tell, the Kmail developers
either do not believe there is a need for, or want to add full featured
HTML email composing functionality.

BTW. Please, let's not get into the protracted debate here about the
rights and wrongs or security issues of HTML email. For those who only
want or need plain text email (my personal preference), that's fine.
However, I have a need to satisfy the requirements of my customers,
which in many cases calls for the use of a full featured HTML email
composer. They would quickly become "ex-customers" if I were to start
commanding and demanding that they use some cog, bodge or workaround
(eg. attachments, web links, etc) just to read a simple email.

Dave