Re: [opensuse] Is reiserfs dead?
  • From: James Oakley <jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 16:57:36 -0400
On Thursday 30 November 2006 3:24 pm, Robert Smits wrote:
> The only problem I have with reiserfs is that suse's partition manager
> doesn't seem to be able to resize a reiserfs partition, which is why I
> installed with ext3 when I added Suse 10.1

Reiserfs can be resized without even unmounting. If you want to grow a
Reiserfs filesystem, you simply increase the size of the underlying
volume/partition/whatever, then run resize_reiserfs <device>.

Most filesystems, including Ext3, have to be unmounted before resizing.

--
James Oakley
jfunk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx