Re: [opensuse] SCO is toast... Novell go get em
  • From: "Andre Truter" <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 21:07:14 +0200
On 11/30/06, M Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[...]
Look, either the kernel has System V code in it (copyright protected, or
patented, or both) or it doesn't. This shouldn't be about discovery rules in
a court of law for crying out loud. Either copyrighted code is in the kernel
or not, and if so why can't SCO prevail??? (they shouldn't and I don't want
them to, just a hypothetical question--)

Because there are no copyright protected or patented code in the
kernel. If there ever really was, then SCO would put the evidence on
the table and the case could go on.

But that is not my real question... my real question is this: How hard would
it be to pull M$ hooks out of the kernel (once they're in there) if and when
they get discovered a year from now... ? ha-uummm??? Would it take a court
order? ---years of litigation? you know... discovery, summary judgment
petitions, rules and thousands of pages of B$ .... and all the time M$ has
hooks into the kernel...

I don't follow. What hooks might MS have in the kernel and how would
that get in the kernel in the first place?

--
Andre Truter | Software Consultant | Registered Linux user #185282
Jabber: andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx | http://www.trusoft.co.za