[SLE] Epson R800 & R1800
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 23:48:42 -0400
Hi all,
Ok, all those using high end printers. Anyone with the above printer/s
using it with SuSE 10.0 or 10.1, successfully? Seems like Fred had the
R800, but I haven't heard anyone mention the R1800. I think they are
pretty close from what info I could gather. Epson has a driver for the
R800 available for Linux, which should work for the R1800 as well. It
just won't use all the extra features of the R1800. I know gimp-print
doesn't support it, but the new gutenprint does/will.

I don't think SuSE has incorporated Gutenprint into the distro yet, so
that counts that out for the moment? Anyone with other info, please
pass it along.

TIA
Lee

--
-- KMail v1.9.3 -- KDE v3.5 -- SuSE Linux v10.1 --
Registered Linux User #225206