[SLE] Software Updater not working
  • From: "Greg Wallace" <gregwallace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 11:42:31 -0500
At one time, the software updater would let me know when new updates were
available. Now, I have to run YOU manually and check for them because the
software updater never shows any updates when they are out there. I'm sure
I didn't make any changes to the software updater to cause it to stop
working, so it must have occurred during one of the upgrades I downloaded
with it. I can't think of any other reason it would just stop working like
that. When I look under Services under Configuration, there is nothing
listed there. Maybe that's the problem. Do I need to add a service here to
get it to start working again? I see you can add YUM, ZYPP, NU, RCE,
Zenworks and a couple of other services. Would adding my YOU installation
sources to one or more of these Services cause this thing to start working
again? I'm working completely in the dark here.

Thanks,
Greg Wallace