RE: [SLE] Software Updater not working
  • From: "Greg Wallace" <gregwallace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 13:11:50 -0500
On Saturday, July 01, 2006 @ 11:49 AM, Bruce Smith wrote:

>> At one time, the software updater would let me know when new updates were
>> available. Now, I have to run YOU manually and check for them because
the
>> software updater never shows any updates when they are out there. I'm
sure
>> I didn't make any changes to the software updater to cause it to stop
>> working, so it must have occurred during one of the upgrades I downloaded
>> with it. I can't think of any other reason it would just stop working
like
>> that. When I look under Services under Configuration, there is nothing
>> listed there. Maybe that's the problem. Do I need to add a service here
>> get it to start working again? I see you can add YUM, ZYPP, NU, RCE,
>> Zenworks and a couple of other services. Would adding my YOU
installation
>> sources to one or more of these Services cause this thing to start
working
>> again? I'm working completely in the dark here.

>I'm having exactly the same problem on all 4 of my SuSE 10.1 PC's.

>Sometimes (not always) I have to go into Installation-Source and
>deactivate/active the update source for Online-Update to see the
>updates.

>All of my PC's were upgrades from SuSE 10.0, FWIW.

> - BS

My PC was also an upgrade from 10.0. So, are you saying that by
deactivating and reactivating "Installation Source"'s that that causes the
Software Updater to start displaying updates again (i. e., you really don't
need to add any sources into the Software Updater itself -- it automatically
picks up the feeds from the sources you have defined under "Installation
Source"'s)? That would make sense, because I never had any YUM, ZIPP, etc.
services defined directly under the Software Updater before and yet it still
notified me when there were updates available. I'll try deactivating and
activating my sources in Installation-Source and see if that starts the S.
U. working again. Thanks for the tip.

Greg Wallace