Re: [SLE] SuSE 10.0 user login
  • From: pburness <pburness@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 11:18:44 +0100 (BST)

Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: pburness wrote:

> For some reason my SuSE 10.0 system will only let root login. I've
> added two users using Yast setup (default settings) and when I try and
> login either graphically or via a terminal it just returns me to the
> user login page....
>
> Anybody any idea's?

What did you define as their login shell? Do they have a home
directory? I've never had a problem with adding user accounts in 10.x

I have /bin/bash as the login shell, the home directory is /home/username
It's very unusual. I have never had a problem with adding users and I've used every version of SuSE since 6.0!

Phil