[SLE] 10.1 Laptop suprise!
  • From: David Wright <david.wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 17:58:06 +0200
Well, in 10.0 my Radeon X700 laptop went to a blank screen using the standard
radeon driver, which meant after initial installation I had to drop to RL 3
and install the fglrx driver before I could do anything else.

Just got around to updating it to 10.1 and the updated radeon driver seems to
at least support the standard resolution with this card now!

--
David Wright
Wright Information Services Europa

"I got to go figure," the tenant said. "We all got to figure. There's some way
to stop this. It's not like lightning or earthquakes. We've got a bad thing
made by men, and by God that's something we can change."
- The Grapes of Wrath, by John Steinbeck