RE: [SLE] cifs mounts
  • From: "James D. Parra" <Jamesp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 10:37:31 -0700

> >>I am currently using smbfs. Any technical reasons to use cifs instead?
>
> We keep getting smbiod errors.

>what if you change 'cifs' to 'smbfs' in /etc/fstab?

Whenever there is high use of the mount using smbfs we get smbiod using 99%
of the CPU.

Using cifs eliminates that.

I found a solution or at least an answer to the problem. A kernel version of
2.6.5 (or lower, I imagine) cifs does not recognize the 'credentials'
command.

The two servers we have with kernel version 2.6.11 work perfectly well.
Mount points were stored in fstab.

Best regards,

~James