Re: [SLE] Re: suse 10.0 and KDE Accessability
  • From: Masaru Nomiya <nomiyac360@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 20:01:35 +0900
Hello Bob,

Bob> Welllll...I am not sure exactly. I downloaded and installed KTTS and it works
Bob> for the clipboard and text files. It uses festival.

Good news!

Bob> > In my case.
Bob> >
Bob> > festival> (SayText "Hello, World")
Bob> > works, but

Bob> That does not work for me. I get:
Bob> bob@EasyStreet:/> festival> (SayText "Hello, World")
Bob> bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

No.

bob@EasyStreet:/> festival[RET}

this will give you the festival's prompt like this;

festival>

then enter

festival> (SayText "Hello, worls")

It will work for you.

Me>> # festival --tts <text file>
Me>>
Me>> doesn't work.

Bob> For me neither. I get:
Bob> bob@EasyStreet:~/Documents> festival --tts Mary_Jones.letter
Bob> pipe_open: failed to start audsp
Bob> Audio spooler has died unexpectedly

Just same as me.

Bob> So, I don't know if I must do that or not. As I said above, I have KTTS
Bob> working OK. I don't mind re-compiling if that is necessary. I don't have KTTS
Bob> working in Kmail and that is what I need. I must do more research.

Yes, it is.
I have reported the festival's probel to bugzilla, but I haven;'t got any
response yet.

Bob> Send me the patches if you don't mind and I will decide whether it is
Bob> neccessary or not.

Sure.
By pathes, sound becomes more cleaer.

I'll send the patches and setting the kow how.

Regards.

---
Masaru Nomiya mail-to: nomiyac360 @ mg.point.ne.jp

"Bill! You married with Computers.