Re: [SLE] interesting "problem"
  • From: Jerry Westrick <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 14:25:06 +0200
On Tuesday 04 July 2006 15:10, Per Jessen wrote:

> Haha, Jerry - I just spend far too much time on the command-line, so I'm
> certain the fish: protocol for Konq is only one of many GUI-side things
> I'm unaware of ....
>

> /Per Jessen, Z├╝rich

Fair enough, but fish is really really usefull, try:
fish://192.168.154.100/home/bla
fish://jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Also, you can right mouse click, open with kwrite,
it downloads to a temporary file, edits it, and when you close
the editor (or save the file), copies it back!

Really really nifty for quickly modifying a file on a remote machine...

The only thing down work is "directory Tree" on the left, and the silly "Home"
key which takes you to your home, not the home of the ssh connection...

have fun...