[SLE] "cd xyz<tab>" In Su mode causes exit
  • From: "Mandar Mitra" <mandar.mitra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 18:38:21 +0530
I'm using SuSE 10.0. When I switch to root mode using "su", and in
root mode, do:

# cd /foo/bar/xyz<tab>

to complete a directory name, then I am automatically thrown out of
root mode, and get back my own user prompt, like so:

# cd /foo/bar/xyzlocalhost%

This happens only if my login shell is tcsh, not if it is bash. Also, this
does not happen if I do "su -", but this puts me in /root instead of the
current directory.

Is this a known issue? Are there are any fixes?

Thanks,
Mandar.

ps: I'd asked about this on suseforums.net. Sorry if you're seeing the
message again.