Re: [SLE] Online Update via Yast2 problems...
  • From: Istvan Gabor <suseuser04@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 17:09:15 +0200 (CEST)
Hello all:

This is an answer too to the other replies in this thread.
Let me write my experience of this SUSE YOU update in 10.1.

1. First of all if I click 'Online Update' in YaST Control Center,
for about three (!) minutes it seems that nothing's going on.
However top reports a y2base process running and using more
than 99 % of CPU and 50 % of memory, thus slowing down the
whole system. During this there is no one note, no one
progress bar, nothing. Really awkward.

2. Finally I get the online update window with available patches.
In my case 2 of them has the ticks and also the little triangles:
lybzipp update and yast2-online-update. Now I click 'Accept' and
then the window closes and no update patch is installed.

3. I reopen the Online Update window again. See point 1.
4. The same as point 2, again I have the triangels and ticks at
the abovementioned patches.

5. With the right mouse click I can change the ticks to on and
off (install/do not install) states of the patches. But turning to
install state the triangles do not reappear. I could not find a
way make them reappear.

6. Now the ticks are on but there are no triangles.
Click on accept. The window closes without installing the
patches.

So you guys can try to explain about triangles and ticks, this
thing just does not do what it should.
At least I guess.

I think the old you update system was really reliable.
And this one in 10.1 is not working and if it does, it is very
awkward.
I know this was discussed in the forum(s) already and patches
were released. But many (including me) just do not have time
to read all of the list mails and figure out what to do and how.
I searched the suse and novell site for a description and
solution of this zmd/libzypp/online update problem but found
nothing. Please send me a link if there is one.

Regards,
IG