Re: [SLE] NEW kernel.
  • From: Ralph Ellis <ralphellis1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 23:58:17 -0400
On Tuesday 04 July 2006 22:20, Basil Chupin wrote:
> Fred A. Miller wrote:
> > Soon, SUSE SHOULD have a NEW kernel for update! There are some nice
> > things in it, like performance improvements. But, for laptop users, for
> > the first time, and FINALLY, there is some Broadcom wi-fi support.
> >
> > Fred
>
> Any progress on this that you are aware of Fred?
>
> Cheers.
>

> --
> "It is well known that among the blind, the one-eyed man is king".
>
> Desiderius Erasmus
The latest that I know about is 2.6.16.20-2
I have been running it for about a week without problems. It seems to be a bit
faster. I tried it on my laptop as well but I use a lan connection there so I
can't let you know if the wi-fi support works also.
The kernel in its various forms in available at:

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse/

Happy tinkering
Ralph Ellis