Re: [SLE] NIS on Windows and Linux
  • From: Maarten Hilgenga <M.L.Hilgenga@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 13:56:21 +0200
Catherine wrote:
Hi

I'm trying to set up a network to run NIS across a variety of machines
(SuSE 10.1, Mandriva 10, Windows XP Pro) and I was wondering this was
possible; a search didn't bring me a lot of results . Has anyone had
any experience of setting this up, and were there any specific issues
I should be aware of?

Ta

Catherine

Hi,

there is no NIS client for windows as far as I know, you could try using LDAP. A nice approach is descibed here:

http://www.idealx.com/downloads/samba3-ldap-howto.pdf

Cheers,

Maarten