Re: [SLE] NEW kernel.
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Jul 2006 18:06:22 -0400
Ralph Ellis wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 July 2006 22:20, Basil Chupin wrote:
>> Fred A. Miller wrote:
>>> Soon, SUSE SHOULD have a NEW kernel for update! There are some nice
>>> things in it, like performance improvements. But, for laptop users, for
>>> the first time, and FINALLY, there is some Broadcom wi-fi support.
>>>
>>> Fred
>> Any progress on this that you are aware of Fred?
>>
>> Cheers.
>>

>> --
>> "It is well known that among the blind, the one-eyed man is king".
>>
>> Desiderius Erasmus
> The latest that I know about is 2.6.16.20-2
> I have been running it for about a week without problems. It seems to be a bit
> faster. I tried it on my laptop as well but I use a lan connection there so I
> can't let you know if the wi-fi support works also.
> The kernel in its various forms in available at:
>
> http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse/
>
> Happy tinkering
> Ralph Ellis

How'd you manage to install it? I get this error, when using
"Open with > Install software". And, of course, the :new and improved"
Yast wants to install the original version, from the CD. I'm frunning
64 bit SUSE 10.1.

"Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Public.ZenException: Failed to lookup resolvable
with id '0'

Server stack trace:
in <0x0019f>
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.RedCarpetBackend+SqlTransaction:GetResult ()
in <0x000a8>
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.RedCarpetBackend:ResolveDependencies
(Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.IResolvable[] installs,
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.IResolvable[] upgrades,
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.IResolvable[] removals)
in <0x00042> Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.PackageManager:Resolve
(Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.IResolvable[] installs,
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.IResolvable[] upgrades,
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.IResolvable[] removals)
in <0x0005b>
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.RemotePackageManager:ResolveDependencies
(Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.Public.ResolvableInfo[] installs,
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.Public.ResolvableInfo[] upgrades,
Novell.Zenworks.Zmd.Packaging.Public.ResolvableInfo[] removals)
in <0x00000> <unknown method>
in (wrapper managed-to-native)
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices:InternalExecute
(System.Reflection.MethodBase,object,object[],object[]&)
in <0x00265>
System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingServices:InternalExecuteMessage
(System.MarshalByRefObject target, IMethodCallMessage reqMsg)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

in <0x00a63> System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy:PrivateInvoke
(System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy rp, IMessage msg,
System.Exception exc, System.Object[] out_args)"