Re: [SLE] screensaver bug
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 13:18:31 +1000
Carlos E. R. wrote:
The Wednesday 2006-07-05 at 08:28 +0100, James Ogley wrote:

You say in $SUBJECT that this is a bug...

http://bugzilla.novell.com is your friend.

But first, I open for comments...

Definitely a bug.

A couple of weeks ago someone was asking on behalf of a friend/relative about the screensaver not working correctly and I responded saying that I had read that it was fixed in KDE v3.5.3 but I now can say that this is not true- the screensaver is still broken. I have installed KDE 3.5.3 and the only way to get the screensaver to behave is to turn off DPMS under Monitor configuration and/or turn off the powersaver daemon.

Cheers.

--
"It is well known that among the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

Desiderius Erasmus