Re: [SLE] Installation SUSE 10.1 does not prompt request for CD2, CD3, CD4..
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 09:59:11 +0200
Claris Castillo wrote:

> My big problem with the suse installation (I thought it was because I
> was installing on a LV) is that once the CD1 is installed, the
> machine reboots from the CD (which STILL has CD1, following the
> instructions) and prompt the main menu of "Boot from hard disk,
> installation, etc." Yast2 is never launched and hence never prompts
> asking for CD2.

So what exactly does happen? The only situation where YaST2 isn't
launched automatically is when you're doing a remote install, e.g. over
ssh.

I've got a number of machines running 10.1 now, but I don't install from
CD. There's got to be something odd in your environment for the
CD-install not to work.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich