Re: [SLE] SuSE 10.1 and IPX help needed
  • From: "peter thesing" <peter43@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 21:11:12 +0200
thanks for your reply
In 9.0 without making any changes to nwserv.conf one could enable ipx with
the command
rcnwe start
in later versions (with kernel 2.6) under identical conditions
rcnwe start
invokes an error
insmod -k ................ no such file
clearly the package is not there

while it is loaded -- very big question mark???--- as is shown with lsmod

The question remains

What options and kernel modules are available and ""supported by the
kernel"" as root or any other user and not present and inaccessable for me

Fyi I have installed suse 9.0 through 10.1 and have noticed that in kernel
2.6 ipx is """present""" yet unavailable

How many typo's can one make in
rcnwe start

Thanks
Peter