Re: [SLE] NIS on Windows and Linux
  • From: Ken Gramm <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2006 21:20:40 -0500
If you have a Windows 2000/3 server, you could download Services For
Unix from MS and have AD serve as the NIS server for your Linux boxes.
It works fairly well. I have 10 Linux boxes at work using it.

Of course, if you're asking on this list, you probably don't have (or
want) a MS server. In which case, I believe Maarten is correct, there
isn't a NIS client for Windows. Besides for white papers and rumors,
the only other login client I know of for Windows is Novell's NDS
client.

Good luck!

Ken