Re: [SLE] NEW kernel.
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:44:39 +1000
Ralph Ellis wrote:
On Tuesday 04 July 2006 22:20, Basil Chupin wrote:
Fred A. Miller wrote:
Soon, SUSE SHOULD have a NEW kernel for update! There are some nice
things in it, like performance improvements. But, for laptop users, for
the first time, and FINALLY, there is some Broadcom wi-fi support.

Fred
Any progress on this that you are aware of Fred?

Cheers.

--
"It is well known that among the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

Desiderius Erasmus
The latest that I know about is 2.6.16.20-2
I have been running it for about a week without problems. It seems to be a bit faster. I tried it on my laptop as well but I use a lan connection there so I can't let you know if the wi-fi support works also.
The kernel in its various forms in available at:

http://download.opensuse.org/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse/

Happy tinkering
Ralph Ellis

Many thanks, Ralph. I have now installed this latest kernel.

It seems to me that it now works a bit faster than the earlier versions - but I may be wrong.

Cheers.