Re: [SLE] Creating PDF document in GNOME?
  • From: "Andre Truter" <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 08:53:07 +0200

On Thu July 6 2006 13:43, Andre Truter wrote:

> PS: Why is this function listed in any case if it is not supported?

This is typical for GNOME development and products. If not for Ximian and
Novell Gnome was in disfavor my many and was only supported (at least to any
appreciable amount) by RH and a few Deb distros (that is until the likes of
Umbuntu, etc).
[...]

OK, but if this is a flaw of the Big and Evil GNOME, then why does it
work perfectly on Ubuntu for example?

I note that people that prefer KDE tend to be very much against GNOME.
I happen to like GNOME and I don't have a problem with KDE or any
other desktop. I just like GNOME more than KDE.
Why do KDE people have to attack GNOME? Does it pose a threat to KDE?
I have both installed (as well as XFCE and others) on some machines
and on none of those machines have GNOME eaten up my KDE or even
looked skew at KDE.
They seem to work together quite happilly.

--
Andre Truter | Software Consultant | Registered Linux user #185282
Jabber: andre_tux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.trusoft.co.za