Re: [SLE] Creating PDF document in GNOME?
  • From: "Andre Truter" <andre.truter@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 09:00:58 +0200
On 7/7/06, Mark H. Harris <harrismh777@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thursday 06 July 2006 15:43, Andre Truter wrote:
> Any idea what I need to do/install/get to be able to use this function?
I don't use GNOME.

I do create PDF documents regularly using OpenOffice running over KDE.
Export to PDF works well.

No, I know that and I use it very often.

I want to print something as PDF, not create a PDF from scratch.

I suppose I did not give enough detail.
One of my suppliers use a financial program by Softline and it creates
invoices in PDF format which they email to me, but unfortunately
Acrobat Reader and Xpdf on Linux cannot render the Arial font
correctly.
Evince can, so I normally open the PDF in Evince and then print it to
PostScript, then use ps2pdf to create a new PDF with the substituted
font. This PDF is readable in both Xpdf and Acrobat Reader. So, I
save the invoices in that format.

So, if I could just print it directly to PDF from Evince then it would
save me some time.

--
Andre Truter | Software Consultant | Registered Linux user #185282
Jabber: andre_tux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.trusoft.co.za