[SLE] Strange YOU error (Suse 9.3)
  • From: Jos van Kan <vankan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 11:58:03 +0200
For a couple of days I'm getting two strange errors in using Yast Online Update in Suse 9.3. First of all the search string for the server list contains <br> where it should contain a question mark:
http://www.suse.de/cgi-bin/suseservers.cgi<br>distproduct=SuSE-Linux-DVD-9.3-0&yast2-online-update=2.11.9-3&yast2-packagemanager=2.11.29-0.1&liby2util=2.11.7-0.3&timezone=Europe
This results in an error: Could not fetch server list.

When I enter this URL manually in the location bar of FF, changing <br> to ? the server list duly shows up. However, when I enter on of the servers manually and try to continue, I get another error: Could not get patch information. Attach point /var/lib/Yast2/you/mnt

But this directory exists and as far as I can establish contains the sought for patch information.

Has anybody encountered the same problem? And has anybody an idea what causes this behavior and how it may be remedied?

Regards,
--
Jos van Kan registered Linux user #152704