To: "Gerold van Dijk" <gerold@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: [SLE] NAT (the solution)

better still -do what I did!

Go to www.tweakhound.com and follow the "walkthrough" to set up Samba and networking!

Gerold van Dijk <gerold@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Darryl Gregorash"
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 7:25 PM
Subject: Re: [SLE] NAT

On 03/07/06 04:11, Darryl Gregorash wrote:
On 02/07/06 17:07, Gerold van Dijk wrote:

I used YaST2 to configure 2 network interfaces under SuSE 10.0, to be
functioning as an Internet Gateway for my LAN.

I enabled IP Forwarding, checked the IP addresses and the Firewall
settings, but it will NOT do the NAT job!

It doesn't work because you are not forwarding, you want to masquerade
the internal network.

Turn on FW_ROUTE and FW_MASQUERADE, set FW_MASQ_DEV (usually this will
be set to $FW_DEV_EXT), and specify the subnets that are to be
masqueraded in FW_MASQ_NETS, eg 192.168.1.0/24.

Did you get this problem resolved?

Yes I got it solved but I had to run a script (from with) in

/etc/init.d/after.local

with the following content

echo '1' > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j SNAT --to-source 207.253.5.78

and I had to Disable/stop (Manually start) the standard Firewall in YaST2
and do a

Reboot

Gerold

Richard Bligdon A+ MCP VE3BLI