Re: [SLE] ypbind domain name won't stay set
  • From: Ken Gramm <ken@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 23:22:11 -0500
Hi Catherine
I'm not sure if this is your problem, but on my 10.1 boxes I found that
if I used the "new" Network Manager to control the network card, NIS
wouldn't bind to the servers on system boot. If I logged in as root and
ran "rcypbind restart" the machine would then see the NIS servers. When
I switched back to "classic" mode for NIC control, ypbind started
working correctly.

Hope this helps...

Ken