Re: [SLE] HELP ME! Problem with installation of Suse Linux 10.1
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2006 12:02:14 +1000
Flavio Tonussi wrote:
Hi
the last days I have tried to setup it on my PC.
I have downloaded all the n.5 iso images and burned on my CDs but during the installation from CD1 of "linux32_1.0_349.x86_64.rpm (10.65Kbyte)" the following error appeared:

"the package has not been found on the media"

If I click on details the following sentence appear:

"Err:3: Package Isof-4.76-11 fails integrity check. Do you want to retry downloading it or abort installation?"

I have downloaded again the iso CD1 file and nurned it on CD. But the problem occurs again and in the same point.
Please can you support me, if possible?
Thanks

Flavio

There are 2 versions of the 10.1 - the 32-bit and the 64-bit. Which one are you trying to install, and did you download the correct CD images?

I have the 32-bit OS installed and I do not have the linux32* pacakage on my system. The one you mention above appears to be a 64-bit package.

Also, there are *6* CDs to be downloaded: 5 plus the 1 containing the additional packages. You will find all of them at:

http://en.opensuse.org/Released_Version

Cheers.

--
"It is well known that among the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

Desiderius Erasmus