[SLE] 10.1 Apache 2 default install gone wrong
  • From: Peter John Golda <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:21:16 +0200
Hi,

Brand spanking new SuSE 10.1 installation, all updates applied, used yast to install mysql, php, and apache2. Process completed successfully, but apache did not start and when I try to start it (apache2ctl -k start), I get this error:

httpd2: Syntax error on line 185 of /etc/apache2/httpd.conf: Could not open configuration file /etc/apache2/sysconfig.d/include.conf: No such file or directory

Now I am well versed with apache configuration so I can fix this no problem, *but* this is fixing the symptom and not the cause. Does anyone know the real reason why this file was not made, or why httpd.conf is misconfigured out the box?

My apache2/sysconfig.d dir contains two files by the way: global.conf and loadmodule.conf.

Thanks in advance!
Peter.