Re: [SLE] compile MythTV, no lame-devel package ...
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:34:44 -0500
On 7/10/06, kanenas@ wrote:
I bet 5 to 1 that you have a 32 bit system. mythtv still does not like to work
in my 64 bit athlon, too many 64 bit dependencies. If anyone has succeeded
installing mythtv in a 64 bit 10.0 or 10.1, please share your experiences.
thanks,
d.

I succeeded to compile on 64 bit. Anders was right, the devel stuff
was in the main package. I was using someone else's one, not packmans
as I should. Otherwise, no problems so far.

I use the 64 bit system as my desktop, no backend running on it. But
I could compile all - including the backend. Configured it OK. Then I
just run in background the mythjobqueue which connects to the master
backend and gets some jobs to be processed on that machine.

And the frontend works OK, I can connect to the backend, watch
recordings and even live TV.

Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Windows is a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit graphical shell for an 8-bit
operating system originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor by a
2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.