RE: [SLE] Software Updater not working
  • From: "Greg Wallace" <gregwallace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:27:31 -0500
On Monday, July 10, 2006 @ 10:51 AM, Marcus Meissner wrote:

>> Well, I tried deactivating all of my installation sources, exiting the
>> "Installation Source" panel, then going back in and re-activating them.
>> Still, the Software Updater never shows any updates available. I have to
>> periodically run YOU to check to see if any are out there. At one time,
the
>> software updater was working. Then, all of a sudden it just stopped. If
>> go into "Configure" on the software updater, are there supposed to be
>> entries in there? I know I never added any before and it was working at
one
>> time, but maybe there were some URI's in there at one point and I just
>> wasn't aware of it, and they somehow got cleared out. Do I need to add
the
>> same sources from you into the software updater, or should it just work
>> automatically when there are YOU updates available? It would be nice if
>> could get this working again so I don't have to keep manually check for
>> updates.

>If you run:
> rug sl
> rug ca

>it will show the services available in ZMD and the catalogs.
>They should contain the update mirror.

>There is a bug with vanishing update mirrors from ZMD, which we intend
>to fix with the current prepared update.

>Ciao, Marcus

When I enter these commands, here's what I get --

rug s1 -> ERROR: Argument 's1' is invalid
rug ca -> --- No catalogs available ---

I ran YOU to pick up the latest packages (there were 2) and tried these two
commands again, with the same result. I didn't see anything in the 2
updates that looked like a rug patch, so I guess it's not out there quite
yet. I'll keep running YOU manually periodically and keep an eye out for
this patch. Hopefully, once it comes through my updater will be functional
again.

Thanks,
Greg Wallace