[SLE] where to contribute rpm font package?
  • From: 张 韡武 <zhangweiwu@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 16:57:48 +0800
Hello. We have 3 fonts frequently used in our company but not included in
SuSE distribution. We share the fonts by passing each other a tar.gz file
where one can extract to /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts

I wish to create rpm packages for these fonts so that the sharing is easier,
but why not create the rpm package for everybody when I can create them for
the company? Thus I think I should share the rpm packages once I have done
it.

The question is where to commit my rpm package. Ask Official OpenSuSE? Ask
packman? Ask SuSE Guru? I wish to commit my package to the one which accepts
package easily rather then taking a lot of precedures to certificate if
certain package can be included or not.

The 3 fonts can be packed into 3 different rpms. Two of them are free as in
freedom and in beer, one of them is only free as in beer (actually published
by HongKong government for free-public use as a standard font, but not allow
modification).
--
锐业软服(国内业务) http://www.realss.cn
Real SoftService http://www.realss.com