[SLE] Failure in atd daemon
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:48:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I can't run "at" jobs. I get this error in /var/log/messages:

Jul 11 10:48:00 nimrodel atd[20472]: Error in service module

I tried to suspend the computer at a certain time this night, and it
failed. I tried a second time, me looking carefully, and failed again:

nimrodel:~ # at "now + 1 minute"
warning: commands will be executed using /bin/sh
at> /usr/bin/powersave -U
at> <EOT>
job 2 at 2006-07-11 10:48
nimrodel:~ # atq
2 2006-07-11 10:48 a root
nimrodel:~ #

at the time it should have run, I get:

nimrodel:~ # atq
2 2006-07-11 10:48 = root

plus the above mentioned error in the log, nothing else. Two hours later,
I still get:

nimrodel:~ # atq
2 2006-07-11 10:48 = root

What's the problem?

The line in question from the command line, works. And it worked
flawlessly in 9.3 as an "at" job, but now in 10.1 it fails. I have tried
other command lines with the same result:

nimrodel:~ # at "now + 1 minute"
warning: commands will be executed using /bin/sh
at> /usr/bin/saytime
at> <EOT>
job 3 at 2006-07-11 12:46
nimrodel:~ # date
Tue Jul 11 12:45:26 CEST 2006
nimrodel:~ # date
Tue Jul 11 12:46:32 CEST 2006
nimrodel:~ # atq
3 2006-07-11 12:46 = root

Jul 11 12:46:00 nimrodel atd[24645]: Error in service module

- --
Cheers,
Carlos Robinson