Re: [SLE] sierra wireless aircard 860 problems
  • From: Adolph & Sharon Weidanz <timetopaws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 18:00:40 -0400

kvl.ramarao@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been unable to get the Sierra Wireless PCMCIA AirCard 860
> (GSM/GPRS data card) working on a desktop running Suse 10.1
> (2.6.16.13-4-smp). I've used a PCMCIA to PCI Interface Card Drive.
> The card is detected, with ttyS1 (assigned IRQ=201) but the UART
> displays "unknown" and I am unable to use minicom. NOTE: I was able
> to get the card working on IBM ThinkPad R51 with Suse 10.1.

When you plug in the card to the PCMCIA slot and do a cat
/var/log/messages | grep tty do yoy see that the card is actually
assigned to to it. Mine says kernel: 0.0: ttyS1 at I/O 0x47f8 (irq =3)
is a 16550A

Just from what little I know from beating my head on this same card...
It doesn't look like the aircard has been recognized, but your bridge
has been. I did find out AFTER I bought the PCMCIA bridge that the
Quatech one does not work with the aircard... So I have it working on
the laptop but not the desktop until I get a new bridge..

Did you use the .cis file and make the change to serial_cs.c ?

Hope this helps

Adolph