Re: [SLE] Re: Firefox crashes
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:26:16 +1000
Carl William Spitzer IV wrote:
On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 13:24 -0400, Clark P. Case
I launched from the terminal while root and it ran fine. I switched back
to my user profile and got the following:

/usr/bin/firefox: line 159: 8589 Segmentation fault $AOSS
$MOZ_PROGRAM $@

Does anyone know what this may mean? I am not technical enough to
troubleshoot this further. Thanks in advance everyone...

man strace
do that before you launch firefox from the konsole.

It will be a large log but at least you can examine the details.

BTW FF is up to 1.5.0.4 so if you have an older you might try the new
one.

CWSIV

FF is now to RC3 2.0.1 :-) . Running it now, and it's OK.

BTW, there is a new extension available called DownThemAll which is a download manager that gets "built in" into Firefox - ie, does not use a 3rd party download accelerator - and now has the restart ability. Right click on a file or page etc and select dTa.

Cheers.

--
"It is well known that among the blind, the one-eyed man is king".

Desiderius Erasmus