Re: [SLE] SUGGESTION, SUSE 10.1: Place Desktop Icon on left side
  • From: The Nice Spider <thenicespider@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 18:17:24 -0700 (PDT)
wrote:
>> Currently, "Desktop Icon" placed on right side
which I
>> feel difficult to
>> access.
>> I think better to put the "Desktop Icon" on the
left
>> side as used in Windows
>> and Fedora Core.
>> Usually Left Side of taskbar is used for "access
>> something" (i.e: open
>> browser, start menu, open email) while Right Side
is
>> used for "display
>> something" (i.e: clock, current antivirus, current
>> download manager).
>
> Don't know how you have configured *your* desktop
but mine has the clock
> on
> the right and the 'Big K' (start) on the left.
Always has been.

i am using Gnome :)
the clock position of kde and gnome are on right-side,
but Gnome "Desktop
Icon" on the right-side.

the 'big K' is application access (same as the 'foot'
icon on gnome), but
what i mean is the "Desktop Icon".
"Desktop Icon" is an icon where I can show desktop
without any opened
windows.