Re: [SLE] protected packages in yast software manager
  • From: Daniel Bauer <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 13:07:41 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2006 23:59 schrieb Istvan Gabor:
> Hello all:
>
> This regards to SUSE 10.0:
> In the package manager of yast several packages are labeled
> 'protected', eg many of the kde update packages.
> How could I remove protection and make these packages
> labeled as the regular normal packages?
>
> Thanks,
> IG

right click on the "protected-icon" and change to "keep"
you can also do the same for all packages shown in a list (be careful!)

But as to my eyes this is not really necessary. If you want to update "locked"
packages, let's say KDE, search for "kde", then check "packages -> all in
this list -> update, if never version is available". You will see that the
locked icon changes to the update icon on many packages. After the update
they show the locked icon again.

As much as I know the "locked" is mainly effective when performing the YOU
online-update, then the locked ones will not get touched, but when you do it
manually (like in the example above) there's no effect with it. Well, this is
just what I experienced, doesn't have to be true ;-)

regards

Daniel

special interest site: http://www.bauer-nudes.com