Re: [SLE] Why this mailing list can not reply to it self?
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 06:03:10 -0700
Dear nym,

On Friday 14 July 2006 05:53, The Nice Spider wrote:
> strange,
>
> 1. when i post to this mailing list, all text will
> wrapping to 40 chars,
> even my Outlook Express set to 76 chars.

That is most certainly not anything that is being done by the list software, as you can see by looking at other postings which do not wrap at any particular margin (or at all, as you can see here).

> 2. when i press reply to any email in this mailing
> list, the "to address" is
> the "address of who send the email". in other mailing
> list it will show the
> "address of suse mailing list". so, I must press
> send to BOTH "the sender and the suse linux email".
> can moderator fixed this
> bug?

Can you please not reopen a matter that is settled. It would be a bug to
configure it the way you suggest. You've come to our list and you should
respect that things are done the way this list's administrator intends
them to be done.

> please try Yahoo groups mailing list if you need any
> example to fix this
> bug. when you reply Yahoo groups mailing list then
> email will be send to
> yahoo groups address NOT the sender address.

Examples of poorly configured lists don't sway us. You have a poorly
written mail client if it does not make it sufficiently convenient for
you to use a mailing list that is actually configured properly and in
conformance with the pertinent standards.

Randall Schulz