Re: [SLE] Why this mailing list can not reply to it self?
  • From: Bruce Marshall <bmarsh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 09:18:10 -0400
> send to BOTH "the sender and the suse linux email".
> can moderator fixed this
> bug?

Welcome to the list but you are doing many things wrong here.

1) You are replying BOTH to the original poster and to the list. Since we
all get our mail from the list, we get duplicate copies of yours.

2) You are making suggestions and reporting bugs here which really should go
to:

bugzilla.novell.com

or to the feedback reporting address. (don't know it at the moment) This
list is made up of USERS and is not an official reporting place. We can't do
anything about your suggestions or bugs. If you had taken the time to read a
day or two worth of list traffic, you would know this.

3) The reason for the REPLY setting in the list mail is not a bug, but a
decision of the list owners. And the reason for that decision is that many
people (dolts) will set up a 'vacation mail' for example which sends out an
automatic reply to a list email. If it went back to the list, you'd be in an
email loop with each vacation mail responding back, etc.