Re: [SLE] Bug and Request: SuseFirewall2 for Suse 10.1
  • From: BandiPat <penguin0601@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 10:22:58 -0400
On Friday 14 July 2006 02:45, The Nice Spider wrote:
> As suse promote to be: the world's most usable Linux
> .... then after
> testing suse firewall 2 which come from suse 10.1:
>
> Bug:
> 1. after edit manually the
> /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2 then click on
> Yast-Firewall-"Save setting and restart firewall now"
> then i found duplicate
> entry on section 16 in the
> /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2.
> 2. if i enable masquerading then even there is no
> pop/smtp in the allowed
> service, user still can access pop/smtp! how come a
> novell firewall has this
> bug?
[...]
------------------

Spider,
Although it's nice to see someone doing research into the Firewall to
make it better, posting to this list is not likely to get you much
response. From SuSE or Novell, if that was your intent.

You should file the bugs with Novell, so they may get attention
immediately and if I'm not mistaken, your feature requests should also
go to the bug list.

Here's your site to sign up for and post to:
https://bugzilla.novell.com/index.cgi

Posting to the bug list will help make a better firewall for us all.
You can also post any attachments, pictures, etc that with the
bug/request.

regards,
Lee