Re: [SLE] Why this mailing list can not reply to it self?
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 00:22:28 -0400
On 06/07/14 10:48 (GMT-0400) Jerry Feldman apparently typed:

> While I am certainly not a fan of Outlook or Outlook express, I don't think
> I would categorize it as not a good email client.

"Not good" is a gross understatement. They:

1-Default to lack of standard quote marks on quoted text
2-Strip standard reference headers when replying (breaks threading)
3-Default to top posting
4-Make it impossible or near impossible for a n00b to figure out how to
make not top post
5-Facilitate hijacking, trojans, spyware, adware, spam and other
administrative nightmares
6-Produced by a convicted criminal monopolist

I'm sure these aren't their only faults, but these should be sufficient,
given the huge number of people using them, to be called abominable.
--
"If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord', and believe in
your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409