Re: [SLE] Postfix UCE, rbl, cidr and ehlo
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 10:13:46 +0200
david rankin wrote:

> Do you have any favorite links to documentation on
> postgrey/greylisting?
> I'll google it, but if you have a favorite howto, I'd welcome the
> link... Thanks!

Sure - http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/

The basic setup is as follows:

you run a postgrey daemon (postgrey is a perl-script) listening on some
port, e.g. 10030. In your postfix setup (main.cf) you will have
something like this:

smtpd_restriction_classes = greylist [, ...]
greylist = check_policy_service inet:saturn.local.net:10030

(My postgrey server is running on saturn.local.net)

smtpd_client_restrictions =
check_policy_server inet:saturn.local.net:10030

Greylisting is derived from blacklisting and works by temporarily
rejecting all new clients (450 Please try again later) whilst accepting
retries after a certain interval. Most spammers do not retry whereas
most nonspammers do.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich