Re: [SLE] sierra wireless aircard 860 problems
  • From: Adolph & Sharon Weidanz <timetopaws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 09:13:04 -0400

RamaRao wrote:
> Adolph & Sharon Weidanz wrote:

> When you plug in the card to the PCMCIA slot and do a cat
> /var/log/messages | grep tty do yoy see that the card is actually
> assigned to to it. Mine says kernel: 0.0: ttyS1 at I/O 0x47f8 (irq =3)
> is a 16550A
>
>> This message is not coming, when trying on desktop. But able to see this
>> message on Laptop.
> Just from what little I know from beating my head on this same card...
> It doesn't look like the aircard has been recognized, but your bridge
> has been. I did find out AFTER I bought the PCMCIA bridge that the
> Quatech one does not work with the aircard... So I have it working on
> the laptop but not the desktop until I get a new bridge..

Unfortunately, I haven't gotten any further on this problem. I ended up
doing internet forwarding through the laptop. There are a couple of
cards that are supposed to work with the aircard. IIRC there is one from
elan, but it was $200 or so.

One thing I did notice while playing around was that udev seemed to pick
it up:
Jun 24 11:57:38 Paws-1 udevd-event[7292]: udev_rules_get_name: rule
applied, 'ttyS2' becomes 'ttyS2'
Jun 24 11:57:38 Paws-1 udevd-event[7292]: create_node: creating device
node '/dev/ttyS2', major = '4', minor = '66', mode = '0660', uid = '0',
gid = '14'

But that's as far as I got....

If you find out anything I would appreciate it if you could email me,
off list even... It would be nice to figure it out...