Re: [SLE] New Smart Package manager error
  • From: "Shriramana Sharma" <samjnaa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2006 19:48:06 +0530
On 7/15/06, praxis <praxis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well, running smart --shell, I am not able to generate the error. The
'search --description' option seems only to return a full list of
packages, not anything like what is possible in the gui.

thanks for the tip on the channel problem. I don't know to troubleshoot
smart at this level, does it leave logs?

Well actually I found the problem when I was trying to do smart
install. And I got the backtrace on the console itself. So if you try
to do the same thing with the console smart that you do with the gui,
I would expect that you get the same error.